Complex Negotiation skills
This 2-day program will focus on understanding purchasing and the strategies and tactics of complex negotiations. If you do everything right throughout the buying cycle, closing is the easiest part. Negotiation will be just another successful conversation in the logical sequence of all previous successful conversations.
Highly interactive sessions with exercises and role plays. Shortly after the course, you will receive interactive videos to reinforce learnings and apply the new skills in your day-to-day job.
To learn how to get prepared for successful negotiations, discovering the challenges of your counterpart and how you can leverage on them to resist price pressure and jointly reach a position that benefits both sides.
All business people who need to negotiate contracts and agreements with customers, suppliers and business partners in a win-win approach.
After taking this program, you will be able to:
- Take purchasing strategies and tactics into account during negotiation
- Handle late buying cycle concerns
- Defend the value
- Use advanced negotiation strategies and skills
Complex Negotiation skills
Negotiating is a key competence in business as well as in the day-to-day life. Many sales people still fail to defend the value of their solution because they are lacking the appropriate techniques or insufficient preparation. But this is something you can learn!
This 2-day program will focus on:
Purchasing strategies and tactics
Procurement is a multi-facet job and procurement KPI’s are often much more complex than simply buying at the lowest cost. This means that you, as a sales person, will have multiple motivational levers that you can activate in order to drive negotiation on other components of the offering, than solely on price:
- Step into the purchaser shoes and learn about his KPI and how he prepares himself for negotiating with you
- Read a professional purchaser dashboard
- Uncover the procurement maturity S-curve
- Learn about the strategic tools that guide purchasing activities in organizations
How to negotiate
Whether you are acting solo or as a team, you need to prepare your position and detect and resolve hesitation prior to negotiations:
- Clarify the negotiation standpoint
- Block the request a few times
- Define your Give & Take list
- Anticipate what the counterpart is likely to ask from you and what you will ask in return
And remember, negotiate only if you are the preferred supplier and if price is the only item left to agree upon.
How you will be supported
Complex Negotiation skills – 2 days
Price: Incl. lunch €1050 excl. VAT
Location: Perpetos SalesLoft in Zaventem